Thursday, May 7, 2015

Surgical Scowl Medical Ethics


 
This is another form of collage. This collage was done for medical ethics; humans performing surgical experiments on other humans. The collage was done on a piece of board... tissue paper was used to replace regular blank paper for the printable machine and used to print the digital picture designed on an iPad. I varnished the digital printout so that when it is placed on to the board the ink doesn't smear or something. Then a liquid medium gloss is poured onto to board, then brushed and finally the digital printout can be plastered down and add more of the medium is brushed on top of the digital picture. Originally the scowl's eyes were dark holes, I gave the scowl's eyes a more feminine look and words surrounding the eyes. Making tape was later used to cover some parts that I didn't want the digital picture to be "ruined" if acrylic paints are to be used. Instead of using acrylic paints, I used a red acrylic spray paint on the areas where masking tape was used. Carefully I took out the masking tape and sort of starting to smear of the sides with my finger. Later I applied more words associated with humans preforming surgical tasks on other humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment