Thursday, May 7, 2015

Fire, Air and Water

This is a collage painting. Several pieces of regular, present tissue paper was applied with water and acrylic paints (Golden Open). This was painting was originally part of an idea of Cold Planet a picture from a website. Half of the terrain in Cold Planet was made of rocks and mountains, so I used the sand... for the texture and make the terrain look rough and uneven. Several times in trying to do the planet itself dissatisfied the whole concept of the Cold Planet. Didn't like the ice-cream colors I used for the planet, so therefore I went over it with plain house paint. From there the idea that Earth Day was almost coming I thought about Earth and its main components (Fire, Air and Water). Since half of the canvas was plastered with the sand... I decided to plaster the other half of the canvas with the sand... and then wait a least 24hrs to let it dry. After 24hrs, prior to Earth Day, I decided to recycle color tissue paper instead of throwing it away, because there was not a birthday coming up in April. Acrylic paint (Golden Open) such as C.P Cadmium Red, Hansa Yellow Medium, Ultramarine Blue and Indian Yellow Hue were mixed in with separate water cup and then applied to the color tissue paper. I let it bleed through enough so that the acrylic colors would settle at the bottom of the color tissue paper. Once the acrylic paints a re settle enough I just removed some of the tissue out and kept some. Along the process I realized I did use some materials mentioned on the title such as water and air.

No comments:

Post a Comment